Save Money and Time Overall
Time is money so the faster you recover, the faster you can move on with your daily life. In discussing the cost of treatment, patients come to understand that the pain that has been holding them back from their life costs them more money in the long term. I get asked many questions concerning insurance coverage and costs associated with treatment.
Question: Dr. Ichtertz, what is your advice to patients who are not directly contracted with you as a preferred provider in their insurance plan?
My patients are back to work much, much faster than my competitors, saving money by preventing lost income. They can return to work within days rather than weeks or months. Additionally, they experience the added benefit of less discomfort overall in the healing process.
We are very cost-conscious. You’ll save while we still ensure the best service:
- Imaging such as CT and MRI are kept to a minimum since they are rarely really needed for hand to elbow problems
- Physical & Occupational therapy (PT & OT) referrals made only when absolutely necessary
- Patient care is designed to prevent disability (downtime) whenever possible
- Some procedures available on-site eliminating hospital or ambulatory surgery center fees
- Medication samples and an on-site pharmacy
- On-site digital x-ray and digital nerve conduction studies ensure quality and save time
- Some procedures available on Saturdays in November & December to those employed to avoid time off work
- Nearby major airport, railroad, Greyhound, etc., plus hotels